Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pearl Challenge #3

Once again, I am participating in a challenge hosted by Lisa at Pine Ridge Treasures - as I'm sure everyone knows, I love her challenges!  This one is a little different though, it's on the Facebook group she runs.  This one was all pearls, I had two colors, blue and white.  I love pearls.  Real pearls, glass pearls - I just love pearls.  I forgot to take a before picture, but here is my beading board while I was working on the necklace:
The necklace pattern is called Coronation Day Necklace by Evelina Palmontova, featured in the Aug/Sept issue of Beadwork Magazine. 

Here are some pictures of the finished necklace, here is a full shot of the front:


And a shot of the back of the pendant.  I plan on wearing it both ways, I love that this side shows off the pearls a little more.

And a closeup of the front of the focal:
I LOVE this necklace, I've worn it 3 or 4 times so far, the drape is lovely and it is so pretty.  I am really glad I decided to try the pattern.  It was much easier than I thought it would be.  I used 4mm and 6mm blue glass pearls, 4mm blue Swarovski bicones, 3mm and 4mm gold Czech fire polished beads, and size 8, 11 and 15 seed beads.  Clasp is a simple hook clasp.  Everything except the pearls is from my stash, .

Now I needed to do something with the white pearls.  I had this gorgeous leaf chain from Bead and Button and I came up with these.  

I just love that chain.  I really should have bought more. I appreciate your comments, let me know what you think!  Please hop on over to the Facebook group to see what everyone else did!
 


 

1 comment: